Clarify the text on your website page by using the top 12 Must-have WordPress Footnotes Plugin in 2021 to help you!
Why should you use WordPress Footnotes Plugin?
Nowadays, there are numerous options for footnotes plugin on the market, which makes you feel confused before making a decision since you don’t have a deep understanding of its function. Therefore, today we bring you a collection of 12 Must-have WordPress Footnotes Plugin In 2021 that are lovely, user friendly, and easy to use. This collection permits you to add footnotes to content and reference data in an orderly manner. Furthermore, these plugins are basic lines of text that can show up on the bottom of any post or page on your WordPress site. Let’s explore and enjoy it right now!
Top Useful WordPress Footnotes Plugin
Footnotes plugin enables you to show nicely formatted references on your WordPress Pages or Posts. The purpose of this plugin is that it is the all-in-one solution that offers highlights to show a consequently produced rundown of references on your WordPress post or page.
- Fully customizable footnotes shortcode
- Add custom CSS to style the appearance of the footnotes
- Choose from a list of symbols to represent your footnotes
- Automatic numbering of your footnotes
- Responsive Reference Container
- Button in both the Visual and the Text editor
- Visual effect
- Glossy photos
Easy Footnotes is one of the powerful and effective plugins. You are able to add footnotes throughout your WordPress posts by using the shortcode. Furthermore, each footnote at the bottom of the post has a symbol that can be clicked to come back to that specific commentary inside the post copy.
- Add footnotes by using shortcodes
- Show the full text of the footnote
- Display full footnote text below the post
- Be compatible with jQuery Qtip2 plugin
Another top-notch plugin is Civil Footnotes, which enable you to add footnotes on your blog in a simple and easy way. There are numerous solutions for overseeing footnotes inside your WordPress site, yet Civil Footnotes separates itself from the rest with a straightforward, Furthermore, this plugin parses your posts for notes enclosed by ((double parenthesis)), at that point removes that parenthesized text into a footnote list toward the finish of the post.
- A Markdown editor, or the classic editor plugin
- Taken from the blog Daring Fireball
- The addition of a title attribute to the footnote reference in the text
- Simple, readable plain text syntax
- Add footnotes on your blog
- Highly customizable
Modern Footnotes is an attractive and professional plugin on the market. This is optimized for desktop as well as mobile devices, inspired by the styles of Grantland and FiveThirtyEight. There are 2 ways for you to use the footnotes in your post, one is using the footnote icon in the WordPress editor, the other is using the shortcode. Moreover, the module will naturally connect successive numbers with each module.
- Add footnotes via shortcodes
- Automatically number each footnotes sequentially
- Do easy changes with the help of custom CSS options
- Optimized for desktop and mobile
- Easy to use
Footnotes Made Easy is a simple, but powerful, method of adding footnotes into your posts and pages. There are many functions from this plugin such as footnote insertion via double parentheses, solution for paginated posts, or combine identical notes, and so on.
- Combine identical notes
- Lots of configuration options
- Solution for paginated posts
- Suppress Footnotes on specific page types
- Simple footnote insertion via double parentheses
- Option to display ‘pretty’ tooltips using jQuery
- And much more!
- Simple but powerful
WP-Noteup is a unique WordPress plugin since it permits users to add footnotes while editing pages. Moreover, you are able to add images, text, hyperlinks, and more as well as style the format of the footnotes. Clients can remember notes while altering any post or page for their WordPress site.
- Add footnotes while creating and editing posts
- Ability to add notes, images, videos, and other media to post/page
- Option to customize the footnote style and format
- Great plugin
- Friendly support
- Clear document
Simple Footnotes Editor plugin allows you to add simple, elegant footnotes on your site. It adds a button to the TinyMCE editorial manager toolbar in the second row (for example the “Kitchen Sink”) that clients can click to open a textarea overlay where they can enter the footnote substance and afterward embed it into the editor with the best possible linguistic structure.
- It adds a button to the TinyMCE editor toolbar in the second row
- No need explain shortcodes or special syntaxes
- Add simple, elegant footnotes on your site.
- Awesome shortcode
- Easy to set up
A powerful and elegant plugin in this collection is Advanced Footnotes. This is extremely customizable, so it can be implemented on any theme. Furthermore, you are able to add footnotes to articles via shortcodes. Thanks to internal functions, you can likewise actualize Advanced Footnotes on your own theme in any structure you like.
- Easy & flexible implementation.
- Footnotes can be implemented with shortcode or function.
- Animated scroll effect
- Lightweight CSS
- Custom CSS styling
- And more
- Easy to use
Inline Footnote is a professional plugin which enables you to add inline footnotes to the post content of your online business website. In places where you place the shortcode will seem somewhat number that is interactive to see the content of the footnote.
- Permits you to change the text color
- Little numbers will appear in the post content
- You can change the background color of footnotes
- Footnotes to be seen in the content right to it
- Great plugin
Better Footnotes is easy to use, adjustable, and viable with any WordPress theme. It also allows you to add footnotes articles effectively and easily utilizing the visual proofreader or WordPress shortcodes. Because Better Footnotes is a robust and flexible solution, this will provide your article’s readers with a fast reference and links to additional information.
- Robust & flexible implementation.
- Visual editor buttons to add footnotes.
- Simple shortcodes to add or list footnotes.
- Animated footnotes scrolling effect, which can be disabled.
- Absolutely wonderful
- User friendly
- Easy to use
CM Footnotes is a powerful plugin, which permits you to effortlessly add footnotes and references to any page or post on your WordPress site. Furthermore, this footnote plugin allows clients to modify amazing footnotes, pictures, styles, and references to your site content and refer to sources of your material with an easy to use in-page meta box.
- Add a footnote to every page or post
- Customize the footnote style and design
- Allow creating a database of footnotes for selected terms
- Extraordinary and basic
- The best help ever
- Clear structure
If you want to create simple, elegant footnotes on your site, the Simple Footnotes plugin is one of the best choices for you. You can use the shortcode and the plugin take care of the rest. If you paginate your posts, you can alternatively move your footnotes below your page joins.
- Strong shortcode
- Create simple, elegant footnotes on your site
- Responsive experience for all users
- Use the [ref] shortcode and the plugin take care of the rest.
- Great support
- Nice looking
Here is a list of the top 12 WordPress Footnotes Plugin that you can use to add footnotes to content and allow people to reference information in an orderly manner. In addition, you can access Free WordPress Theme to get a nice design for your website!
Hello everyone! We’re Galussothemes content team, we love to write new blogs for WordPress everyday! Galusso Content Team is a part of IT4GO – The company houses talented young people who hold a strong passion for website development, designing, and marketing.